Monday, February 27, 2017

Fast Charger for Android Smartphones

I have noticed that not all chargers are made the same. Some charge phones quickly; some do not. There was even one time when my friend's battery drained while charging (funny, huh). So I was wondering, what makes a charger good and reliable? I asked around and have learned that there are two parts to this matter.

First is the adapter. I was told that an adapter with an output of 2A charges faster than one with 1A (or 1000mA). I have found this to be true, based on experience. Here are some photos of adapters with 2A output:




Second is the cable, cord or connector. A thicker cord charges faster due to bigger gauge/size of the wire inside. Typical size is 28 gauge, but a better choice would be 24 gauge (the smaller the gauge, the bigger the size). A lot of cords do not usually indicate the size, but there are some that do, like this:


The combination of 2A adapter and 24 gauge cable for me charges a gadget at the rate of 1% per minute.

You can also just buy a ready-made fast charger set if you don't have the time/energy to create your own. Samsung is the brand that I commonly see being sold. You can get this online from OLX or Lazada at around P600-P800.

On a side note, take care of your battery by avoiding overcharging/overdraining. I have read that it is better to keep your battery at the 20%-80% range. Charge once it reaches 20%; stop charging once it reaches 80%. This would prolong battery life (unless you plan to change phones every two years, in which case, go ahead and do whatever you want with your battery).

Hope this info helps. Feel free to share your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment