Monday, March 2, 2015

How to Maximize the Value in Your Stored Value Card

Edit (2/27/2017): Since the LRT/MRT card system has been totally revamped, some of the contents of this post might not be valid anymore. I will be creating a new post regarding the new card system.

Due to the recent fare hike from LRT1 and LRT2, the cost of the Stored Value card has also been increased from P100 to P150. If you are a regular commuter, then buying a Stored Value card is a must. Not only do you not have to fall in the long line of people buying cards, you also get a discount for each ride you make (see fare matrix below).

LRT1 New Stored Value Fare Matrix (from LRT website).
LRT2 New Stored Value Fare Matrix (from LRT website).
Here is a neat little trick (well, it's not really a trick) for people to be able to make the most of what they pay for. Always check the amount of money left in your card. As much as possible, try to leave only P1-P5 so that your last ride will be as good as free.

If you are a regular LRT commuter, doing this feat will depend on your route. For example, I usually ride the LRT1 spanning 5 stations, which would cost me P15 per ride. In a typical P150 card, I only get 10 rides. But, I can get 11 rides out of the card if I leave the last P15 in the card and wait for a chance to ride the LRT wherein I will be charged only P12-P14 (spanning 1-4 stations); thus, leaving me with P1-P3 so that I can use the card one last time for my 11th ride. Imagine riding the LRT from end to end with just P1 in your card --- such a happy feeling~!

Take note that a Stored Value card is valid for 6 months from the time it is bought.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hope this helped somehow. Feel free to share your LRT experience. :)

2 comments:

  1. Generally I don't learn post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thank you, very great article.Also visit my page.

    --------------------
    Glucometer lancets strips

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very informative and useful post thanks it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge. 1963 County Exempt California License Plate

    ReplyDelete